Today was my first appointment and Brandon came along. It wasn't very eventful. I talked to probably fourteen different people about five thousand different things. I had a well woman exam which I found to be interesting, but he said since I had one six months ago and I won't have another for nine months and given my history he said this was the time to do one. I complained abut the nausea and he said it was good that I am nauseated. He said that means things are progressing well. I have all the signs. I could definitely do without the nausea, but it comes with the territory. I will go back four weeks from today and hopefully hear the heartbeat. He told me at 12 weeks we'd be able to hear it. I'll only be 11 weeks though so hopefully I won't have to wait another four to hear it!
The other thing that really excited me today was how interested Brandon is. He seems like he wants to come to every appointment with me. I really wasn't expecting that from him, but I am in NO WAY complaining about it. He made sure I made my next appointment on a Tuesday so that he wouldn't have any interference with work and would be able to make it! It's so awesome and I am so VERY lucky!
So after two cups of pee, ten tubes of blood, and information overload, I am due on January 17th!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Awwww! I'm so glad he wants to be involved. It's so much easier that way. And , uh, who's your Dr...i just had my u/s at 8 weeks and heard the heartbeat...that sucks you have to wait.
Oh, and if the nausea is too bad-get some zofran. I wouldn't be able to work without it. MIRACLE DRUG!
Oh, and i remember you had some problems...i'm so glad this came easy for you. I hope the rest is easy and healthy!!
That's great that Brandon wants to come to the appointments! Leo HATES the doctor's office. He came to only one appointment. But they can be pretty boring - pee in a cup, weight, blood pressure, listen to the heartbeat, talk to the doctor, and done. Except hearing the heartbeat. I loved it every time.
This is so exciting... I hope you have a fun and easy, happy and healthy 9 months!
Thanks guys!
Dr Dore Binder. I guess because I didn't have uterine or tube problems he didn't think it was necessary for an ultra sound yet. He said I won't have one until 20 weeks. I'm okay with it though. I don't know if you can hear with the little doppler thingy this early...
Are y'all going to find out or be surprised again? I am trying to convince Brandon not to find out.
We're finding out this time.
But for your 1st...definitely be surprised! It's soooooo exciting!
Post a Comment