Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back to the Doctor

I had PT yesterday and it was not a very good experience. It was a zoo in the place. There were about 25 people there four therapists and three assistants. I wasn't getting the attention I felt like I needed from my PT so I was pretty unhappy. When I fell because I put too much weight on my foot because obviously the little assistant didn't know what she was doing it got worse. I decided that morning appointments are not going to be what is good for me this time around so I am switching to afternoons. Tomorrow is my first one so we will see how it goes.
I went back to my doctor today so he could check my incision because in two places it actually opened a little bit again. He said it didn't look like I had an infection but he put me on another round of antibiotics as a precaution. He also told me for the time being I can't take baths that I have to take showers and that I have to go back for him to check it in a week. This poses only a slight problem. It is back to the maw maw shower seat. I used it only for leverage tonight and it wasn't so bad. I am not supposed to walk without my boot according to my doctor, but my PT has me doing exercises to shift my weight without my boot so I am a little confused. When I mentioned that to my doctor today he looked a little concerned. I may mention that to my PT tomorrow, although I feel like the weight bearing exercises are really helping. I am trying to walk around with one crutch most of the time. It is a little awkward and I sort of look like a weeble wobble, but hey, they say they don't fall down so...

No comments: