Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Today was the day...
At 9:20 this morning surgery on the left foot began. It only took about an hour and ten minutes this time, instead of the long two hours on the right foot. I was home by noon in quite a bit pain. I am sort of confused as to why the pain is so much worse this time. Same surgery, less time, not as much tugging on my tendon, no hole drilled in the bone, and still more pain. Perhaps it is because I was under for less time so I don't have as much anesthesia in my system. The Lortab seems to be kicking in at this point so hopefully the pain will lessen through the night. It was definitely a relief not having to climb stairs to get to my bed. It was VERY easy to get into the house. I am still a little wobbly because I don't exactly have all of my strength back in my right foot. Dr. R says this will help strengthen my foot significantly. We'll see. The good news is there is no pain at all in the right foot so that is what I have to look forward to. I keep trying to remind myself that each day it is going to get better. So the count down to getting my cast off begins again. Exactly six weeks from today I will be back in the boot. Now I have to think about what color my next cast is going to be!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
glad there were no complications. hope u feel better soon. i'd go with purple, but that's just me. lol.
Katie, I hope the pain lets up soon, and I'm glad it sounds like the surgery went well. We'll miss you this weekend!
Thanks for the well wishes! I am keeping pretty steady on the pain meds so it is not as bad as it was yesterday!
Post a Comment