Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Waiting for Gustav

I know it has been a while and lots of things have gone on. No crutches has been great! I haven't had to use them at all. In fact when I am at home I walk around without my boot. I feel like that is a good way to get some strength back. I am still going to PT twice a week and it really is great. My foot doesn't hurt anymore when I am done so that is definitely a positive. We tailgated this weekend for a little while and it didn't bother me at all. I walked around a lot and danced some and I didn't have any residual pain so I was very happy about that. I was supposed to go to my doctor on Tuesday morning but I am guessing that is not going to happen with the crappy ass hurricane that is coming our way. I am just hoping that it is not as bad as has been predicted. We are starting to get rain now and we are under a tornado watch until 7am. I guess getting an extra day off of work is not so bad! Honestly I'd rather go to work than have a damn hurricane. We are staying in our apartment because we have Roy, Max, Coletta, and Tabasco staying with us. I know that's a lot of people in a little apartment, but we are making it work. We have plans for just in case there is a tornado and also if we have to get out of here in a hurry. HOPEFULLY that does not happen! We are keeping a close watch and I am predicting we are going to be up most of the night. The wind really hasn't started blowing a whole lot yet, but I know it is coming. They are predicting 24 hours of tropical storm force winds. So we are bracing for the weather and starting our hurricane party!

No comments: