Thursday, August 14, 2008
NO MORE CRUTCHES
So again it has been a while, but we've been pretty busy. I have now been walking completely free of the crutches for almost a week. Sometimes it is still painful depending on how much I move around in the day, but I am SO glad to be free of those things! I don't even walk with them anymore when I don't have my boot on, which is not very often because that is my ONLY restriction from my Dr. My PT has told me to get in the pool as much as I can. I think that is what helped me to get off the crutches. We were in Destin last week and I spent most of my time in the pool because I couldn't go in the salt water, not that I would have been able to get close to the water without my boot on, but I REALLY think that is what did it. I didn't have to worry about how much weight I was putting on it and I was able to do exercises that I couldn't do out of the pool with my foot. I think walking in the sand perhaps helped too. That was hard as hell! So considering I do have the luxury of a pool I am going to start using it more. Hopefully that is a luxury I won't have much longer. We are STILL on the hunt for a house and it is STILL extremely frustrating, but I am trying to remain positive about it. I still have lots of pictures of the foot to post but I am just lazy right now. Classes start in a little over a week so I won't be able to be lazy for too much longer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment