Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 15, 2008

Dr Visit Today

I had my four week post op appointment this morning. To get the stitches taken out and to get my last cast for the last two weeks of my non weight bearing period. I also decide to drive today, because I can do everything else why can't I drive?
As Dr R is busily removing my stitches, I ask him what are my chances of him letting me out of the cast before Christmas, because the worst he can say is no...
He says ok, come back next Tuesday and you can go into your boot and start working on range of motion exercises but you just can't walk on it until the 29th. I say awesome and I am very excited about it.
He continues removing the stitches and it is sort of not feeling too good because they have been in there for four weeks and I am sure there is some skin attached to the stitches at this point.
Then he says, do you have your boot? I say um no, it is not like I carry it around in my car with me?? He say, well lets do that today instead of next week, that way you don't have to worry about coming in next week. I am absolutely elated and I really don't want to ask any questions because I don't want him to change his mind!
So I get steri-strips over my incision, and a little ace bandage around my foot and he says go home and get your boot before you do anything else. NO PROBLEM!
I do still have stipulations and limitations. I am still non weight bearing for two more weeks, but without a cast that is going to breeze by! I can take a shower, but I can't submerge my foot in water and I have to start PT on the 29th! I am totally ok with this because all of it means no more cast on my leg! No more itching, no more skin build up, no more uncomfortableness, no more fiberglass cutting my leg!
I can't even begin to explain how excited I am!

1 comment:

Brooke Cailleteau said...

Yay! It seems like your recovery is going by really fast this time.