It all started with my boss breaking one of his molars and having to go to the dentist. It apparently was a tooth that had been bothering him for a while and he ignored it. Well, I had the same kind of thing going on with one of my molars. I decided I didn't want to risk breaking the tooth so I made an appointment to see my dentist. On the drive home that afternoon I suddenly thought "I am almost two weeks late!" I had told myself a week earlier that I was going to wait until my intersession class was over to take a home test because I really didn't want any thing else on my mind, but I needed to know because of the x-rays that I was going to have to have during the root canal that I was scheduled to have the next morning.
So when I got home from work I decided to take a home test. Brandon wasn't home yet, but I but i sort of thought it wouldn't be positive because in April I was a week late and I really thought I was pregnant and turned out to be very disappointed when I started. I hadn't put the test on the floor before there was big huge blue plus sign! I couldn't believe it and I instantly started laughing. A few minutes later Brandon got home. I didn't really know what to say so I just brought him to the bathroom and showed him the test. He said "What does that mean?" When I said it means I am pregnant he said - no it doesn't! Then he said do you have another one? Take it again! I took a little trip to the pharmacy and got another test and drank three bottles of water in the next hour so I could pee again. He believed it after the second test but we were still pretty shocked.
We said at that moment we weren't going to tell anyone until I went to the doctor first. We couldn't stand it! The first person we told was my dad. I wanted him to know first since I wasn't going to be able to tell him in person. He was super excited and said "I hope it's a boy!" We then went to my moms and told her, my sister, grandmother, and my stepdad. We made our way through Brandon's family and we decided we weren't going to tell anyone else. By that time we were way too excited and couldn't hold it in any more so we started calling everyone!
My first appointment is on Monday and I can't wait! I am not sure it will be all that exciting because I am not exactly sure what will go on. I imagine because of my history he will do a pelvic exam, and I am sure that I will have a hundred questions. The only thing I am nervous about is being termed high risk right off the bat because of the surgery I had in 2004. Hopefully since it's been five years there won't be any cervical incompetency. I am going to keep my fingers crossed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so excited for y'all!
Post a Comment